Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have to wait to fish Seabastian Inlet for Flounder after a cold front? I want to go Sunday but Don't know if they turn off for a few day's than start hitting or what? Anybody have any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just thought I would post something I read today since no one else has responded:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Flounder is another notable species worth mentioning when speaking of inlet fishing in December. Warmer than normal weather and water temperatures have delayed the traditional flounder migration from the lagoon to the warmer coastal waters. Normally the run begins in mid November and last through mid December, but as of this writing, the doormat size southern flounder have not arrived in quantities. So flounder pounders standby, once a cold front passes, these flatties should begin to move through." -- Captain Tom Van Horn

http://home.cfl.rr.com/floridafishing/CaptVanHorn.htm
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doesn't answer the question about how flounder change their feeding habits after a cold front passes, but might be helpful info to know anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts