Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if you can fish the beach at buckroe where the pier once stood. if anyone knows let me know cause traveling to sb and seagull eveyday is a hassel. i live only one block from buckroe and i miss fishing the pier.

·
Registered
206 Posts
well i have only been once but i was told that u can catch striper good out there. so i sure would try before i drove acrossed the tunnel.

dan lee

fish til it hurts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I justed talked to a guy last night who fishes that area. He suggested fishing from the rocky point where the lighthouse used to be. I grew up here and I remember the pier, at Grandview, but not the lighthouse. I'm planning on trying it this weekend after hitting SB for a little while. Now that I think about it, my dad used to take me fishing under the bridge at the Armisted gate (the exit before KMart, and after the Space Park on Mercury Blvd) at Langlyfield. I'm 41... so this is going back to the early 70s. I remeber seeing him catch stripers and trout under that bridge. Anyone else ever fish there? My dad was the kind of fisherman who could catch trophy fish in a mudpuddle with a cane pole, hook and a worm. :)

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Along those lines

There are a lot of surf fishing oppurtunities in Hampton. Buckroe beach and Granview beach are both good spots. The lighthouse rocks are great, the area know as Factory Point is a long walk, but it is awesome. I have fished the beachs a lot more than the piers in my life and caught a lot of Class fish. Like any surf fishing, structure is the key, just find some and you will catch fish. The Stripers have not left the Bay yet, a friend caught 6 the other night at his "secret spot" on peelers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts