Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here use these things? I ordered some and they got here today. I have orange, pink and white fish-n-strips. I also have one pack of white crab flavored fish-n-strips.

Please tell me if you know if a way to rig these fishbites that will land some more fish.

Pompano- Probably my overall favorite fish to catch in the surf, I usually use a sand flea or a nylure jig right behind the breakers. Should I tip the jig with a fishbite? I was thinking that this is where the crab flavor would work out… any suggestions? Maybe the orange one on my hook next to a dead sand flea will look like sand flea eggs that the pomps love so much?

Spanish Macks- Live shrimp under a Cajun thunder seems to work (Should I use a fishbite along with or instead of the live shrimp?)

How will these baits work on flounder, reds, trout, blues, sheepshead, jacks…

Is there a technique that works especially well for any particular species?

I ran a search and didn't come up with any "Fishbite" titles for threads.

Thanks in advance guys for any tips.

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Longcaster on the Distance Casting board is a Fishbites Dealer and can give you the "straight skinny" on them. ;)

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I hope these fishbites work. I have been looking at them for a while and have decided to purchase some. About 40 bucks worth, but since I live all the up here in MD I won't be able to try them for at least 2 months.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anthony,

If it's going to be a couple of months before you wet a line. You might want to keep the Fishbites in the fridge. This will maintain their color. Don't worry, they won't stink up the fridge.

Tight lines and safe journeys to all!

·
Registered
320 Posts
i use fishbites all the time. hook through it twice on the larger end. they are good for about a half hour to a hour of fishing. I ahve been using orange in the surf for whitting and pomps. I always ahve a bag on hand for when bait is scarce. try here for some real experience on fishbites.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts