Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
James Tackle has 1 on ebay for $76 now. Of course there are 4 days left on the auction for some doofus to run the price up:eek: .

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
If you can get it for that price,go for it,but there is four days left,I wouldn't pay more than it's worth($150) shipping is $10.00 that's what I payed for mine.:)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Transport

I just purchased the one the company makes and it works pretty well. I finally found it at Island Tackle in Carolina Beach and it was about $ 130. Keeps the cart out of the wife's suv when we take it and works well.

I tired my normal rack and it did not work. Which is a hitch haul with side rails.:--->

·
Registered
720 Posts
How many of you guys have these things and how to you transport them? I'm guessing an SUV at least? I just use a cooler on wheels and try to strap as many things as I can on top of it. Oh, and those rod holder, do you use them while fishing too or just getting to the spot?

·
Registered
154 Posts
WW

I have one and I used to transport it in the back of my Explorer. I just bought the caddy but I haven't used it yet.
The cart is great, I put a small beach umbrella in one of the rod
holders along with a couple of folding chairs.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I use a jeep wrangler with no back seat or a pick up,I used my rod holders both ways,you need them at the Tank because of the stone rails where your rod leans up against.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I have a feeling that I'm going to mod my cooler into one of these caddies :D I've never done any pier fishing and won't have enough space for something this big in my car. Next best thing is visiting the hardware store and see what I can whip up!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
What size cooler do you have,the small caddy holds a 48qt.cooler and is about 30" long,now you can take off the handle and the wheels so it fits into your car,very easy to take apart and put back together.:cool: TRIGGER

·
Registered
720 Posts
I got the Igloo 40 quart cooler with wheels. I had a bigger wheelless cooler but I figured I'm not catching that many fishies so why get a big one and lug it around? It also saves space in the trunk too. I'm gonna get some bigger wheel barrel wheels/tires and rig it up to the cooler. That way it won't make any funky noise and I can drag it over the sand easier. Some rod holders would be nice and I was thinking about the boat ones. I really want to see if I can rig those to the cooler since they can pivot and stuff.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Make sure you don't put holes in your cooler,make a frame so the cooler will fit in and your tackle box can be bungy cord to the frame and the pole holders can be attached to it.Try and find some wheels with the rim made of plastic not metal to heavy(wheel barrell) try a hard store.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
try this!!

I use a shopping cart like the ones we used as kids when we went to the market except these have four wheels. This holds my cooler, rods, and a chair. When I took it to the beach I layed it on it's side and had an instant rod holder. I'm sure your guys could take the small wheels off and replace them with fatties...........:rolleyes:

·
Registered
830 Posts
FISH HUNTER

You talked me into it. I ordered the caddy from the people in Henderson NC. It was $134 and some change. Seems kind of high compared to their other stuff, but it will be better than loading that cart in the back of my old land cruiser. With the cart in there, I don't have room to sleep. Man, I got to quit buying all this stuff for fishing. I don't have money left to go fishing.:confused:

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Tell me about it, I'm turnin into a tacklehoe!!! the R

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Tackle Ho's

My wife says as long as I am not spending money on drugs, serious booze or other women, go for it. But, yeah....this tackle ho is in the stage of some serious triming of gear. Just got too much duplication and takes too long to decide what to carry where. :)

I think, mind you that is dangerous, but I have all the surf and light boating gear I need.

Now, its time to work on the offshore stuff. 8(---)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts