Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I'm looking at coming up to the OBX this year and need some help on where to go. Would like to hook into a drum and most desirable species, but don't want to be shoulder to shoulder with fishermen or tourists. Maybe a pier?

Need to be fishing near a hotel, being able to walk to the fishing spot without driving would be great. No offroad vehicle available.

Anyone care to point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Buxton Beach Motel, light house , both are good with walking to beach, Avon pier is good, any of the ramps has parking and a short walk over, unles you wanting the point and thats a mile walk with bird closers, any place that is open is agood one,
good luck and let us know how it goes

·
Registered
12 Posts
I only can talk about Frisco, Hatteras, Buxton and Avon but if you get up and fish from 6am to 10am and from 7pm to 10pm you will NOT be crowded and you will catch pretty much everything the outer banks has to offer as far as surf fishing goes.

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you're headed towards Avon, Avon Motel is a good place to stay, you can walk straight to the beach from there for surf fishing and its only a few minutes from Avon Pier if you're looking for a pier to try.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.