Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help out a Domestic_Goddess and her heavenly family? We are planning on coming down to try our hand at Grandview and RockRoe piers. Is there a major difference between the two? From experience in the obx, I have a preference there and thought there may be preferences in Hampton. Also is the Quality Inn in Hampton any good? They gave me a great rate, but it seems as though it has gone from a 3*** to a 2** motel in the past several years?

Any other advice would be appreciated. Such as beach access for the kids, where to go in Va. Beach for fun, etc.

Tight lines
DG

·
Registered
270 Posts
DG, once you hit the ocean front at VB, you can't miss the fun. Of course it depends on your idea of fun!

There are amusement rides, putt-putt, etc. Then movies, bars, restaurants all over.

Since I live in the area I can't help you out with the motel, but I am sure AAA can. There is plenty of beach access in the area for the kids, just watch out for the under-tow at the beach especially if you hit Lesner bridge.

Good luck and enjoy!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Hey DG,
The hotel is OK. Buckroe is a nice pier and so is Grandview. Both have nice beachs, bait, and Sodas. It is a matter of choice as to which one is better, I like Grandview just because it is close to my house. Tip, if you need minnows and you are going to Grandview, look on your right as you head for the pier, Nice lady and good minnows, she uses the honor system - buck a dozen.
Good Luck maybe a Cobia in your future.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I my self like Granview better than Buckroe. For Fun things to do in Hampton, well if you are looking for a pretty cool place thats inside you have the Air & Space museum that is pretty cool. You also have the Mariners Museum in Newport News, about 15 minuets away from where you are at, they also got a nice fresh water lake and a nice trail around the lake it is at least a few miles. You also have the James River Bridge Fishing Pier, about 15 minuets away, this wil produce mostly croaker and spot but you may hook into a flattie, the plus of this pier is it is next to a beacj so if the fish arent biteing you can go play with the kids in water to keep cool. Your hotel isnt bad you are pretty much in the heart of Hampton. Close to the mall, Movie theater, and resturants. If you tell us the dates your comming and where you are going I am sure we will chat with you the pier and help you out any way we can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.