Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for any tips or hints you guys can give to a first time fisherman.....If any of you know him, I am being taught by Mark Edwards...

·
Registered
472 Posts
I've got a tip for you.

"Listen very closely. You've got a knowledgeable, experienced teacher."

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
"Patience young grasshopper..."

Everyone on the site is always willing to help...just let us know where you want to fish, type of fishing you will be doing (bait fishing or lure fishing),and someone will help you. You might want to check out other areas of the site that can help you answer some of your questions such as the "How to" and "Hot Spots" areas.

http://www.pierandsurf.com/onthewater/howto/

The main thing is to get out there and fish - textbook reading is good for learning basics but actual "hands on" fishing is the best teacher. ;)

PS - Might want to fill in your profile with some information so people know where you live, types of fish you like to target, and other interests (i.e. Topwater fishing for stripers, tog fishing,etc.). ;) This way they can recommend spots near your location, etc.

·
Registered
712 Posts
hi Phil

sandcrab his profile is basically the same as mine exept he is just starting his goal is to be able to go fishing by himself soon.he just bought a 10'diawa eliminator and an okuma cd-65.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
You have Mark Edwards and the rest of us that are willing to give you tips.If you meet us on the water we could help you even more.:cool:

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
I for one am still learning. If fishing from the surf, be patient, and use fresh bunker. The main thing I am learning is that it might not be technigue or terminal tackle, but as Gil might say "Reading the Surf". Most important, have fun. look, listen and see.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Tip

Get out and fish as much as you can..dont' be afraid to try any of your own ideas as well as anyone elses !:)

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Another tip is to ask the question even if you feel it is a stupid one a question unasked is a stupid one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts