Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

So glad I happened upon this forum. I live in Raleigh and am taking my son fishing this coming Monday and Tuesday. I would prefer to stay off the Outer Banks (not because I don't love OBX). We have good surf gear, a capable 4x4 truck, and my son is 17. We may bring the kayak to take out shark baits. It seems like we are somewhat limited on beach access. I'd rather not end up fishing on a beach and dodging a rowdy crowd of four wheelers but beggars can't be choosers. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Fort Fisher caught my eye. Would that be a good choice?

Thanks ahead of time..............Jay S (Fish Tank)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just booked a room on Nags Head and had some similar questions. The folks on here have been super helpful. If I could help you I would, but I'm in the same situation!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I dont have much experience outside OBX but I have a good amount of experience there. This time of year it is going to be crowded but fortunately for fishermen there doesn't seem to be as many with rods in the water this time of year as there would be in the fall (mostly just beach goers). If you are willing to get out there early on the beach (between 8-9) you can stake out a spot pretty much anywhere on hatteras island that is open and shouldn't be bothered to much. If you really want some space go to the end of the open beach area and park up against the closure area so you only have to worry about neighbors on one side. Ramps 25, 27, and 30 should be good spots that are usually a little less busy than those around Buxton and Frisco.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts