Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!!!!!!!!!!!! YAAHHOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::beer::D:D

I'll keep it short and sweet. Last night the water was almost slick calm, and not a drum fisherman to be seen. Me and a few buddies came back from drinkin a couple cold ones up the beach watching football and decided to fish.

I got my first big one around 1 a.m. Then my buddy got his first big one less than 10 minutes after that. It was a fantastic night. Thank you guys for all of your tips and advice, it has helped alot. Been a long road since February moving to Buxton, but all was worth it last night.

Without further ado..

Fish was released unharmed and swam away fine. I filled out my citation! :D

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Nice fish Mike! Still looking for my first one larger than a pup. Congrats!!! Is the smile because of the fish or the "cold ones?" Probably a little of both. Very nice fish!

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!! Way to go Mike!!! From the looks of your big-a$$ smile, you weren't happy at all...:p

You definitely put in the time, learned and BINGO!!! :beer:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Wow

Your cradling that baby and smiling like it was your first born:D:D.

Congrats, I am still looking for my first citation drum... but so far nothing over about 30 inches.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haha Jeep the smile was definately a combination of both. We didn't expect to actually find anything more than sharks/rays and a good time. We weren't in the "zone" for that fish when it came. Couldn't ask for a better time though. There usual crowd of people was non existant, so didn't have to worry about lines, an audience, etc. Me and my 2 buds were the only people out there. Craziest thing was after me catching my first one, my buddy caught his first one. I couldn't have asked for it to happen any other way... Good times,, good friends,, all to ourselves, fish of a lifetime and brews a-flowin. Thats why I love fishing!!

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
nice fish man. ill be back down probably weeknd of the 15th. last trip i ended up bowed up with the only paper of the tournemnt only to have the hook just pop out 20' from the pier fish just chillin on top in the lights..reeled up my rig..nothin i could do i guess

1 - 20 of 34 Posts