Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Spring Cleanup at Sandy Point State Park - Dates?

In 2003 the official striped bass season started on the 20th of April (which was moved up one day to the 19th several days before the season was due to start). If they follow the same general season dates, this would put the opening day for 2004 at or around the 17th of April. How does this day sound for our Spring Cleanup?

This is a cleanup event followed by some good P&S fishing and socializing...

Edited to change name to "Spring Cleanup: vice Spring Fling...

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I think that we should wait till next year before we decide on a date. It's gonna be hard to predict what day is gonna be opening day for stripers since they may be a reduction in what recreational fisherman will be able to keep in 2004. I think that people wanted to wait till we are able to keep some stripers before they go. We still have months before we need to pick a date so why hurry.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Catch and Release is fine with us..........Heck after this year catch and lose in the water would be fine too. Count us in for now whatever the date turns out to be.

Debbie and Ray

·
Registered
374 Posts
You should rename the event. "Spring Fling" sounds too much like an SOL thing.

Anybody planning on plugging the rockpiles?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Need a time and who's bringing food and drink,but I guess we can play with that when the times come. I'm in

·
Registered
680 Posts
the third weekend in april is a bad one for any that are long casters. that is usually the weekend of the northeast open. i'd like to get over and fish with you boys but i just gottakeep trying to beat last years mark.i had a couple casts over 500 feet last year but those boundry marks got in my way.there are a lot of younger casters out there that are doing much better, but this old guy just keeps trying.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts