Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they allow fires on the North End of Carolina Beach at Freeman Beach.. Seems like they used to but I seem to recall they have prohibited them recently:confused::confused:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Then people were not fishing in the right place or using the right method,,,,:D:D:D

No seriously, thanks for the insight,,,I think I might bring some firewood along with me this weekend,,,just saw that Kroger has two big packaged bundles of seasoned oak and hickory for $8.00:cool::cool:

·
Registered
171 Posts
can not use building materal for fire, only below hi tide line and so many feet from the dunes and veg . if you google Freeman park it will give you all the info,
also can only make a fire where you camp, "ie" being between the signs on the beach.
I am sure someone will post more on this,

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good point...

So where is the high tide line at Freeman...it seems to be a lot flatter than the Fort.

If I come in on Saturday around 1:30 PM and set up to stay most of the night (I have a room at the Drifter's Reef) where does the high tide mark reach,,,can I see it in the sand, or what?

Hate to ask all these questions, but I have totally dedicated my past fishing to the Fort, but I want to fish the North End in the fall and Spring.

·
Registered
171 Posts
well,
I have yet to see high tide at Freeman park, the time I did see it, it was going through the dunes, I use a outside fireplace, the metal kind, rule is you have to clean up everything off the beach. this way I just dump into bag when done and off I go, really have not had any problems with fires as long as you are between the signs for camping and not in the main trail for travel, just what I have done, maybe wrong,

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
here is the section on fires. Most notable is that the fire must be contained and you cant just dig a hole either an old metal washtub or trashcan works good for this purpose.

Section 11 – 54. Campfires
a) Small campfires are allowed at Freeman Park beginning at Marker 6 4 and
extending north to the end of the park. The campfire must be contained
within a fire pit or container that may not exceed three feet in diameter.
Each fire pit must be brought into the Park by the visitor and shall be
removed following its use. All fire remains and debris must be picked up
and removed from the beach. Failure to do so will result in a fine. Any fire
pit over three feet in diameter will be considered a bonfire and will require
a special permit from the Town Manager. No fires of any kind are
permitted south of Maker 6 4.
b) All campfires will be subject to regulations of the Town of Carolina Beach
Fire Code. Campfire privileges can be revoked for failure to follow any
regulation as outlined in this code. Fires may not be left unattended and
must be extinguished with water, not sand. Only natural firewood can be
burned. Burning trash or construction debris is not allowed. No campfires
are allowed within 10 feet of the dune or the vegetation line.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts