Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
want to know if after Black Diamond Pattern Shrink Wrap on rear handle
should i finish off the ends between new butt cap and real seat with with a Hosels or should i use Winding Checks. sorry for such a studied question but not comfortable with thread wrapping at this point and they look like there are about my speed.
If I where to use either one of the hosels or winding checks would they be epoxy in place then clear coated after.
Yes super newbei thanks for any help in advance.
if anyone has a video or a really good instruction on wrapping would appreciate this very much.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Want to thank you for the great info,well guess i am going o try to wrap the ends at both of the shrink rap see how it comes out this is an old rod that is my fathers and want to do a good job for his birthday!
have replaced the old cork and installed new cork and shrink wrapped the handle now well install but cap and the wrap the ends and color preserver.

·
Premium Member
3,869 Posts
I don't use hosels or winding checks- epoxy ramps are sinmple, effective, and can add a decorative touch-- here is a pic.

In this case a base of epoxy with black paint pigmentation was used, with a little silver marbling to add extra color on top of the black base.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.