Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can find a leather fingerstall in the Myrtle Beach area or online? Any help would be appreciated Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,869 Posts
I'm thinking he is referring to a leather thumbguard- for adding grip to the conventional reel- or protecting the finger when casting heavy lead with a spinner,

I would think most tackle shops would have them. I get by with a piece of inner tube myself.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry about the delay in response. I was talking about a leather finger protector for casting heavy long surf rods. I'm looking for one commercial made in leather. The only one I can find that are all leather are in the UK. I was hoping to find one a little closer to home. Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
BassPro doesn't have them, and evidently doesn't carry them because I tried to get one ordered and Mike couldn't find anything in the system.

Try thesurfcaster.com, they have a nice one with a double-stitched leather pad and elastic sleeve backing for like 3.99.

Evan

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dumb question.

You have checked Bass Pro down there?
yes I've checked bass pro and everywhere else I can think of down here. No one carries them in leather. I may just order one fom uk or try to find a leather shop to saw me one up. My old one is past its prime and due to retire..

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BassPro doesn't have them, and evidently doesn't carry them because I tried to get one ordered and Mike couldn't find anything in the system.

Try thesurfcaster.com, they have a nice one with a double-stitched leather pad and elastic sleeve backing for like 3.99.

Evan
I'll have to check that site out. Thanks.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Go on line and google "Thumbdinger" This might do it for you. I forgot what site I got mine on, but the guy sent one to me to try when I asked questions on it.... works good.. salt

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
I have one exactly like the one at the link posted by Orest and have had no problems with it...ALTHOUGH...Lee Valley (same place I get my magnets from), has what they call "High-Friction Guard Tape", that was made for wood carvers. It's cotton guaze impregnated with latex and they advertise it as "sticks to itself, not to other things, and holds its shape well once formed". 3/4" wide by 90' long roll is $4.90. I'm going to get a roll to try, as once it's on, I figure it will be easier to keep on, rather than taking off and putting on the leather guard numerous times.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
you can get the ones like Orest posted at the red Drum Tackle in Buxton, If you call them they ship, they are only 1.59 there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts