Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a one piece 7' Fin Nor megalite spinning rod for $20 plus $10 s/h off of ebay. It is rated for up to 2 ounces.

I bought this for my mom for her birthday. I got here a daiwa regal reel to go on it. I got the reel for like $5 on ebay.

I think it should serve here fine for her once a year fishing trips to the Hudson.

Anyone ever use Fin Nor rods? I have two Fin Nor reels, but no rods. I saw it for nearly $80 online at a certain overpriced store I won't mention by name.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I used to have a 6 foot fin nor rod that came free with an old S200. I loved the rod and reel until I lent it to a buddy for one of our canoe trips down the New River. Needless to say he flipped the canoe and my favorite combo is lost forever. That was a good rod, but I dont know much about the new megalites.

·
Registered
20 Posts
HuskyMD,

I've used a Fin Nor, FinLite 6'(SP?) with an Ahab reel for about 4 years now, I can say with all honesty that it's been a great rod. My only complaint, which has more to do with my selection, is the 1 piece design - it makes for a strong rod, but transporting it can be a hassle at times.

In my opinion, you made a good decision (and a good buy!)

-Rock

;)

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
EBAY IS FUNNY

There are these guys fighting over a 8' Fin Nor megalite two piece rod rated up to 3 ounces. They are near $40 right now.

The same rod is being sold by a dealer for $20 BUY NOW. Only the dealer has it as finnor, not fin nor.

If you want a good spinning rod for throwing plugs, etc, check these out. Just search for "finnor".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.