Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done any fishing in the area lately? Was there Monday with the wife shopping for shoes at Sandy's on Rt. 1 and then went to the outlets in Rehoboth Beach.

The rock got to be 28" to keep, now that is a nice fish.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Fenwick Island

Orest,
Fenwick can be very good this time of year. Blues and Stripers are the catch of the day. There is walk on access on most of the streets in Fenwick as well as drive on access at the state park area just North of the town. In Delaware you can keep one striper @ 24" and one at 28" per day. There is also some good fishing in Bethany this time of year..I guess it's like anything else, you have to put your time in and be there when the blitz happens! :)

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Striper Reg

Bill,
I kept one @ 25" and one @ 30" on Friday..was that cool!:cool:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Keeper Stripes

No Liamwas not. We were out at buoy 8B on the Cape May side of the rips. Very good eating! Liam wouldn't have been up for those 3-4ft. rollers.:)

·
Registered
680 Posts
they have been getting some good ones out there. also big tog on the walls. they are getting some good ones at the inlet the last few days.today the wind is 25-35 with gusts up to 55. i'm sitting in my house and i think it's 55 all the way. too bad liam couldn't make it. i always love to see the kids catch them. i'll let you know later how it is at the inlet.:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Windy

Man it's very windy up here also! Going over to the PLO clean up this weekend..We will probably be back down that way next weekend. I'll touch base with you next week for a report. Maybe Liam and I will try the striper jig again weather permitting or hit the surf!:)

·
Registered
680 Posts
murph. lot of nice rock at inlet this a.m. there were some 30+ caught, but all i could get were slots. they were fun tho. i had to quit tho as the wind just did me in.i'll be back tomorrow.:cool: :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts