Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys - my girlfriend bought a pair of breathables with boots, but felt soles. We scoured online for some reasonably priced women's breathables with lugsoles and didn't come up with anything. Hodgman has womens neoprenes with lugsole boots.

Anyway, my question is - has anyone used felt soles for surf (and soundside wade) fishing? Are they a problem?

thanks!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Hey guys - my girlfriend bought a pair of breathables with boots, but felt soles. We scoured online for some reasonably priced women's breathables with lugsoles and didn't come up with anything. Hodgman has womens neoprenes with lugsole boots.

Anyway, my question is - has anyone used felt soles for surf (and soundside wade) fishing? Are they a problem?

thanks!
Felt soles are mainly used on stream an rivers. They're better gripping rocks and such. I would see no problem using them on the beach.

Good luck,

Skunk

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
I've used my waders with a felt soled boot for about 3 years now. While most of my fishing is from the surf, I've also worn them in cold, nasty weather on the pier. I haven't had the first problem with them.

Jim

·
Registered
202 Posts
I also have felt soles on breathables. I also have a pair of lug sole neoprene waders. They sit 99.999999% (+ or - .0000001%) of the time because I ware the lighter more comfortable felt sole breathables.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Yep, felt soles are just fine for the surf. I also have a pair of breathables with felt soles I bought from L.L. Beans. They are the bomb!

And what is better is what Norm just stated, any problem, any problem at all with the waders, ever, just take them back to LL Beans, no questions asked and they'll replace them free of charge. You can't beat that customer service. ;)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I've owned both the felt and cleated (rubber) bottoms and, assuming you're not rock/slippery fishing, find the cleated superior for walking in sand and in the house (don't track as much).......

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
I've owned both the felt and cleated (rubber) bottoms and, assuming you're not rock/slippery fishing, find the cleated superior for walking in sand and in the house (don't track as much).......
No doubt,the felt hangs onto sand really well...:rolleyes: Although,they are a much better grip in the sand... imho....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.