Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few lures with treble hooks on them. I'd like to replace the treble hooks with a single hook. Where do you get the feathers to put on the hooks? Or can you buy hooks that already have feathers attached to them? Also can you use circle hooks with lures? Pardon my ignorance, but knowledge is power.

TIA,

Anthony

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
actually i have heard of people removing the hooks from mirrolures and replacing just the back one with a circle. it changes the action of the lure, and takes some getting used to to actually hook the fish is what i've heard. i don't konw about the feathered hooks, but i buy the bait quills from bass proshops to make my own sabiki rigs.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
aero993, th only place I have seen th bucktails with hooks is on OBX. Found some around here without hooks an gonna get em an do my own hooks. As far as circles on lures I have been using J hooks but have talked to people that swear by th Eagle Claw circles on their lures.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Bishop's has had them in from Time to Time. SOL has them on line , as does Terminal Tackle Company.
It is actually Bucktail Hair and not feathers in most cases.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Digger,

What do I know, I'm a programmer. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts