Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watched River Runs Through It. It was an okay movie. Enjoyed the scenary in the movie, made me want to fly fish in Montanna now.

My favorite movie about fishing probaly is Perfect Storm.

It be interesting to find out what other movies are out there so I can watch it when i'm stuck at home or have movie night with my warden...

please no Little Mermaid or finding Nemo...

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Fish Cinema

Jaws is a good fish movie. Makes you think twice about getting in the water. :eek:

I agree with you that Perfect Storm is a great flick, probably my favorite.

Then there is SwordFish in which you get to see Halle Berry with the top down :D

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
They should make "Old Man and The Sea"into a modern movie.Otherwise Jaws and the part where the capt & the boys are sittin aroun 'swillin and singin over some refreshments and the shark rams the boat.The capt gettin sucked down aint bad either!!! Needed a bigger boat!!!! the R

·
Registered
565 Posts
All of the above!

1 A River Runs through it. I went to the University of Montana and plan on moving back in about 5 years. I could offer tips to anyone(Jangwuah) who is heading out that way.

2 The old man and the sea. A true classic... Hemingway...Ah!

3 Tie Perfect Storm...I love being at sea in a big swell, with a double dose of dramamine of course.
And of course Jaws...You're gonna need a bigger boat!

There is this other movie about a rich kid who fall off a yacht and is picked up by a passing fishing vessel. I don't know what it was called, but certainly worth watching...very old.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
My vote goes for the Old man and the Sea and the perfect storm.
Jaws I really don't consider a fishing movies.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Fish Movies

I think it was Captains Couragous with Spencer Tracey and Lionel Barrymore?? Pretty sure its the one, kid falls off the boat the gets picked up by a cod fishing boat on the banks??? good flick,,,also old man and the sea....

·
Registered
565 Posts
Saltshaker,

That's the one!

Anyone seen the movie Fishing With John? It is a B movie that is extremely odd. I can't really explain it, but it is worth checking out if you are into stuff that is out of the ordinary. It has cameo appearances by several well known actors and spoofs on their movies. All of this while fishing, most of the fishing scenes are really far out too. How about fishing for Giant Squid in Thailand with one of the lead characters of Apocalypse now. They are out on this boat for days and become paranoid just like in Apocalypse Now. Very strange.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I know you guys remember this one

Old man and the sea is my favorite but I know you all remember "Piranha" That was a wicked movie. I liked it alot.

MC

·
Registered
472 Posts
All the Above

There's another Hemmingway book that was made into a movie.

"Islands in the Stream" is a very good movie. But the book covers so much more detail about the tackle and techniques.

But seriously now, JAWS can't be beat.

The scene at the end, where the sheriff is shooting at the SCUBA tank and saying "Die You Son of a B_ _ _ _.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
You fish-on fans don't fret. They are coming out with another show with the same 'format'. They were even in VB shooting an episode.

Another Fish Movie: A Fish Called Wanda (there's a fishing scene where the guy is trying to get the fish in the aquarium with the net).

Favorite Fishing Books: The Old Man and the Sea and The Forty Fathom Bank. The second story is of two guys getting stranded off the coast of CA while commericial shark fishing. Good read and no "Harry Potter sized" book here. It's a page or two over 100 if that.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Though, technically not a "fishing movie", I vote for "Grumpy Old Men". They did do alot of fishing, "but it ain't just about the fishing".

And, like all of us, they were looking for that big one. Just think it's a great, funny flick.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.