Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not looking for something that is a light heaver.. looking for your favorite blank/rod for casting 5-6 and small bait.. want distance, light weight and ability to take a trigger reelseat. 11.5 - 13 '..

thoughts?

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
AFAW Surf or a 1418...

·
DISTANCE CASTING SPONSOR
3,344 Posts
AFAW 12' Universal or 13' Surf.

Universal is an all around great rod and appropriately named. The Surf will give you a little more flat out distance but the Universal is thinner and lighter.

Tommy

·
Registered
348 Posts
What's a light heaver?

I've got a pair of RS1418's and they just LOVE 6Nbait. They are my go to rods for bait soaking unless conditions get really gnarly. But the 1418's will do a decent job with 8and a chunk so I consider them a "light heaver".

·
Registered
566 Posts
Seven dust, I cut mine down to 12' from the butt. Awesome rod. Another great one is the loomis 1448.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Agree with above posts about Allstar 1418, Great all around 6oz rod. Also like the Zziplex 3500 and Primo Match.

John

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Mine is a bit different from those previously posted. I have two, a 12 Daiwa UK Moonraker and my real favorite the LDX. Both of those will launch 5nB a long way. I use either a 525 or a CT Rocket on them. Got good bite detection and are light.

Bill:fishing:

·
Registered
244 Posts
I really like the AFAW Universal. Another rod that I always keep handy is the Conoflex Phantom45 but it is not as light was the Universal. Tom

1 - 15 of 15 Posts