Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FRIDAY evening i got my first cobia of the year as those who ever fish with me know the first one i land i release. The weight was unofficial cause we used a digital scale that went up to 50lbs. The fish was caught off the rocks at the officer's pier in FT MONROE. I was fishing for bait and i threw my mini heaver with a bunker head and10 minutes later i pick up to rebait, and Mr.Brown was there for me. The fish weighed 43lbs.
After the little storm FRIDAY night i headed for grandview to fish SATURDAY. I started at 5am fishing for him and by 6:30 i was hooked up with my 64lbs 58.5 inch COBIA. Took me 20 minutes to land him fighting them crab pots and MR BROWN. Just another day fishing and enjoying what i do. :cool:

·
Registered
888 Posts
Congradulations James, thats a big mother. I got my first of the year last year off of Seagull, tried to do a repeat yesterday but to no avail. way to go! geo

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Way to go Flatline....now lets see if a P&S 'r can top that big mutha that was caught in carolina a few weeks back...the R

·
Registered
239 Posts
I got there just as you hooked up. I think baitcaster and I already reported it, but I don't know If he was there at the time. This digita-age fishing stuff is pretty cool. Congratulations.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Nice fish James. Heard ya gonna do th Grandview thing more this year. Prolly heading to Sea Gull this weekend, hope ta see ya there.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Congrats James! I am sure BobN would be proud!;)

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
8(---)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got there after he hooked up on it. I was there while sarge was fighting his bull ray that wanted to swim to florida though. I was just down from james on the left side of the pier. I had a big green wagon with a cooler the same size on it.. I wish i would have been there to see it. I cant wait til I get my first one...

·
Registered
239 Posts
I was laying down using my tackle bag as a pillow while I watched my rigs. I think I saw you walk up. James looked like a proud pappa.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I did see you there. you were on the right hand side about half way. first p&s person I can put a face with.:p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts