Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about you folks but I'm really excited about this years fall run I think it is going to be a GREAT one and maybe sandflea will run out of space to post all of the pictures the we'll be sending him.:) any think I just having a pipe dream

·
Registered
472 Posts
I don't have a clue

what the fall will bring, but I sure hope you're right.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
From what I've seen atleast Stripers and some Blues will bite.As for Flounder they will be somewhat spotty.SeaTrout are very scarce but I might see atleast one caught this year if not by me;someone else.I have yet to see a Weakie(SeaTrout) caught.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Happy,

Wasn't until a friend took me to one of his spots that I saw weakies. Would you believe a boil? I gotta hang with this guy more. :D

P

·
0 Posts
cocoaflea,

I'm with ya. I'm excited and geared up for the fall run, for trout and salmon that is!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Happy,

It was caught at a place called the sore thumb at night. Fairly popular spot in LI for surfcasting. :cool:

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I too hope it is going to be a good fall run. Hopefully will make up for the summer we have had here in the chesapeake bay.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Hey folks the trout are there. Find a school of blues and the trout are under them right on the bottom. Problem is you can't get them from shore and you've got to jig metal for them.

Catman.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The way this weather has been, the water temps dropping them coming back up, will the fall run be a fall run or an early winter run?

AllenC

·
Super Moderator
10,102 Posts
Coolerpup said:
The way this weather has been, the water temps dropping them coming back up, will the fall run be a fall run or an early winter run?

AllenC
Yeap those water temps are "baffling" to me also,Coolerpup.. Can't speak for upnorth,but in NC the drummies should be in "full bore" this yr,there is plenty back in the sound this yr,and in the ocean as well,acording to my sources which are usually pretty acurate.. I can't catchem but they ARE there!! And should be a good run of stripers as well,according to some reports I have read.. BUT,as you said,and I believe,those "strange to say the least" water temps could play a roll??:rolleyes: Guess we'll just have to be there when they are,be it late or early..

·
Registered
738 Posts
Kenny, I know if anybody can, YOU can catch dem rascals! Just a matter of time right....thats what you told me once ;)

Been doin some castin, gettin ready for the fall, hope ta try em on the planks a couple times this fall :D

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings All!

Add me to the list of folks hoping/praying for a great Fall. Some weakies are being caught in NJ, mostly from boats fishing under dock and bridge lights (Margate Drawbridge is a good example.) Seems the weaks are in a downswing population wise.

And what the hell happened to all those puppy drum from last year? I'd like to tangle with at least one before I hang the rods up this year.... They should be just the right size for light tackle action!

Pretty bad when the good old days were just last year! C'mon Fall Blitz!!!

·
Super Moderator
10,102 Posts
Adam said:
Kenny, I know if anybody can, YOU can catch dem rascals! Just a matter of time right....thats what you told me once

Been doin some castin, gettin ready for the fall, hope ta try em on the planks a couple times this fall
Yeap,it's coming Adam,so far the four letter word,work,has stood in my way.. This has been one "cold streak" I will never forget,but,I'll break my way though it by fall..... ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts