Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a quick bait lesson. Is there a major change in baits when the water starts to cool in the bay?. Are baits like shrimp and chicken strips still good?

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Chicken strips will still be good for blues and trout but I think shrimp doesn't work that well in the fall. With striper season starting Cut Bait will be the bait of choice for sure. Live bait will also work very well too.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
frozen spot

Where would be a good spot near the eastern side of the bay bridge to pick up some spot or menhaden?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Fresh Spot

Buy em' fresh from a local fish store or grocery store if you can..you won't be disappointed.. they are real big this time of year and fresh stays on the hook so much better!:)

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Best place to get fresh bunker around this neck is Kool Ice in Cambridge. Tucks arrive every day between 8 am and 10.

See AI Friday/Saturday thread for more info.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I think you can catch white perch and use them for cut bait and live lining,I know I'v caught them in the middle of March around Black water wild refuse,but they were 2 - 4 lbs.each(females).:jawdrop:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
grocery store

So.... where's a grocery store near Matapeake that would have spot for sale and what's the earliest they're open?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts