Pier and Surf Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ya. story is, i built this reel out of spare NEW parts i had, from people convert reels for or when i had to repair stuff.

we know blues yonders are nice. yada yada. .. what about a Green Yonder?

-i took new plates from a 6500CS which is forest green. (looks nice on black rods btw. =] )
-a wide flat bar CT frame from a 6500 CT Chrome Rocket. not some cheesy CS convert chit frame.
or that conversion bar CRAP. hell no, not in my house.
-the old style powerhandle. because its more balanced then the new rubber one yet stronger then the drilled aluminum one.
-put in the old style spool,, cause it has a flange to thumb. gave it the 6pin brakes.
-4slot pinion and a new set of 5.3 gears i had in a bag.
-100% pure sweden

people.. voila.. an Abu 6500C3CT green yonder. i already loaded the reel with 15# BBG

oh ya.. the BBG just happens to be green also. LOL! :D
i balanced the spool, so when casting, the reel is dead silent.. with no brakes it spins about a 45secs maybe more/with no wobble.. A+ !

3 blocks are engage. so if you buy it. give it a shockleader .. and go fish.
so the reel is adjust correctly. aligned correctly. and user friendly. yippie! ;)
mech- 10/10 cosm- 10/10

obviously. since i made this reel.. i dont have box.

130$ shipped. paypal

pics! must have pics!

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK!!

since this is NOT moving.

im going to SWAP OUT the factory spool cog (the white windmill thing on the spool.. and REPLACE it with an ORIGINAL BRASS SPEED BUSHING!! the ones you find inside the MAG ELITES

yes,, you lose the clicker, but HOLY MOLY. youll cast like a PRO!!!
i guarantee you 30% more spool speed. and increase in distance because of this bushing.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Very interested,PM sent.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Got your PM..."Oficial" I'll take it...Sent you another PM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.