Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TOP-QUAILTY BIG GAME REELS

I don't know if any of you have heard of Everol reels, but they are amazing. I had the chance to try one out this summer when one of my friends had one on a Gulf Stream trip. The action was smooth and the reel performed like a Penn International, if not better. The one I used was a Two-speed 6/0. The best thing about the Everol was the drag. The lever drag had a key on the sideplate telling you not only the drag at full spool, but also at half-spooled and near-stripped. These measures corresponded to marks on the spool. This made setting the drag simple and easy. The reel also switched speeds automatically.

We were doing good until about noon, landing and tagging six blue marlin on the Everol. The action went dead at noon and we were about ready to leave when the Everol started letting off line once more. We assumed it was another blue but when the fish jumped we realized that it was not a marlin at all. After battling the fish for an hour, we hauled a 465lb blue shark out of the water.

This same friend loves the Everols and has six or seven of them. On a fishing trip in 1999 he hooked and landed an 804 lb black marlin with a 12/0 Everol Special Seris.

Everol also makes a casting reel, but I'm not sure how well it performs compared to other caasters.

Check out their website for more info.
Everol Reels

Anyone had experience with these reels or happen to own one?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Nice offshore action! That's what I like! Can't wait until next summer. Thanks for sharing!:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts