Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you ever skip lunch in order to save your money for bait on the weekend. The irony of the situation is that you are keeping food out of your own mouth in order to put food in a fish's mouth in the hopes of catching something that will go back in your own mouth.

It's a pretty absurd trade-off, but I do it all the time. :cool:

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Did you ever skip lunch in order to save your money for bait on the weekend. The irony of the situation is that you are keeping food out of your own mouth in order to put food in a fish's mouth in the hopes of catching something that will go back in your own mouth.

It's a pretty absurd trade-off, but I do it all the time. :cool:
Not for fishing, but there were times
when I was a lot younger and dumber
when I would buy 20 packs of ramen
noodles and that is all I had to eat
for a few days.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Not for bait but I'll choose to buy a pack of cigarettes over lunch if I only have a couple bucks on me.

·
Banned
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should preface the above statement by saying that in no way have I been starving and I have the belly to show for it. But, my wife gives me a fixed allowance, so I got some constraints too. Lunch downtown costs me about $10 to $20 a day from my allowance, so skipping it makes my bait money add up fast!

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
... But, my wife gives me a fixed allowance, so I got some constraints too. Lunch downtown costs me about $10 to $20 a day from my allowance, so skipping it makes my bait money add up fast!
Ok Boyz .... he is gettin an allowance from his wife ... are we gonna let that go ... :popcorn: :popcorn: :D

·
Banned
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cyg, I'm the Captain of my own ship. As soon as the Admiral (wife) says I can set sail, I call all the shots! :D

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
You cannot talk...she had you whipped
before you even got married!
Giving up food for her.;)
thats true, but I didn't go hungry. I resorted to peanut butter sandwiches... too many pennies for that stone.

No food for you! :D

As the saying goes, which I found to be true, "If momma ain't happy, ain't no one happy"

·
Registered
4,333 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
isn't it funny that when husband get an allowance, it's $10-20 a day, but when a wife get an allowance, it's lot more than that. :)

·
Registered
490 Posts
As the saying goes, which I found to be true, "If momma ain't happy, ain't no one happy"
How true, how true! Exhibit A: I just bought a 2000 Jeep (XJ) Cherokee off Ebay (4X4, 89K miles) and I didn't tell her about it until 2 hours before it was to be delivered :eek: :D :eek: . It was delivered the day before Valentines too :redface:! Haha, she was pissed I didn't tell her the day I purchased it, but she soon realized that I wasn't going to bend and simply resell it because she was mad ;). It appears all will be fine, unless this is just the calm before the storm :eek: :eek: :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
472 Posts
How true, how true! Exhibit A: I just bought a 2000 Jeep (XJ) Cherokee off Ebay (4X4, 89K miles) and I didn't tell her about it until 2 hours before it was to be delivered :eek: :D :eek: . It was delivered the day before Valentines too :redface:! Haha, she was pissed I didn't tell her the day I purchased it, but she soon realized that I wasn't going to bend and simply resell it because she was mad ;). It appears all will be fine, unless this is just the calm before the storm :eek: :eek: :beer: :beer:
They never, ever forget.

This issue will be revisited someday when you're vulnerable.

But you've got to be your own man, and take your lumps when necessary.

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Pay back can be a b!tch so don't be surprised if she orders a 10 ct diamond off ebay for her birthday using your money :D

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
you got momma mad... haahaa. You must now go and do something that will make her feel special. If you got no pennies to buy her something shiny, write her a letter and mail it to your own house. This will appease momma for now. If momma is really upset, I suggest two front assault. Write her a letter and buy her something shiny.

Congrats on the XJ. There are quite a few XJ owners here. You can add 'Club XJ' to your signature to show some XJ pride!! Great little 4x4.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Thanks for the reminder SeaSalt, forgot to add the Club XJ signature, its there now. What I need now is to convince the wife I need a roof rack, front hitch receiver, one of those sexy front racks, new blacked out rims/tires and monetary support for many summer trips to the beach! Wish me luck, none of the above will occur for a long time :mad: Oh well, at least I can still make it out on the beach for :fishing:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts