Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the help with Southport, looks like we will be opting for Emerald Isle instead. I have fished from Kitty Hawk to Ocracoke my whole life, but have never visited Emerald Isle. Can anyone give any info on the fishing there? How is surf fishing, piers, are there any bridges or inlet areas where shorebound anglers can fish?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wolfbass said:
Thanks for the help with Southport, looks like we will be opting for Emerald Isle instead. I have fished from Kitty Hawk to Ocracoke my whole life, but have never visited Emerald Isle. Can anyone give any info on the fishing there? How is surf fishing, piers, are there any bridges or inlet areas where shorebound anglers can fish?
Thanks in advance.
Surf fishing is kind of hard because the beach renourishment program has made the beaches so wide and flat that wading out is almost a requirement in order to reach the deeper water. Parking is still EXTREMELY limited in spite of promises to provide more parking in exchange for fed funds for the beach renourishment.

Pier fishing is pretty good now and will quickly and steadily get better due to the fall run. The Atlantic Bch end of the Island has 3 or 4 piers and they all are good fish producers. The western end of the Island only has Bogue inlet pier and is a great pier although it can get a bit crowded on weekends.

I'll be fishing most every day through the fall season and will be more than glad to show you a few of my favorite places to surf fish when you come down. Just give me a yell @{[email protected]} and we'll set up a time and place to meet.

Enjoy your vacation.

Frog

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've fished off an on at Emerald Isle Summer and Fall for a few years. The point (at the end of Coast Guard Rd) used to be good, but they re-dredged and moved the channel at Bogue Inlet so close to the beach, there isn't much of a "point" any more (and no parking unless you're renting there!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts