Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from a friend's pier from around 4:30 to 6:00 this afternoon. As it started to get dark I noticed fish busting bait like crazy not too far from the shoreline. I tossed a bass assassin in pink ghost and after a few casts landed a striper about 10". I could tell the fish really didn't love the color of the lure but they continued to hit it now and then. Ended up catching and releasing around eight stripers from about 9" to 13". Soon after the cold front came flying in out of nowhere....so that's why they were so stirred up. Anyway the tide slowed and the bite stopped.

·
Registered
929 Posts
If I'm not mistaken there's two rockfish tournament this weekend out of the Elizabeth River or Around it. One was a great bridge fishermen club and ones was Culpepers tourney, I Know a few people that were fishing in them with different boats and it was nothing bigger than 10 - 12 inches schoolie wise . One trout was spoken of just legally with no body mass so was released . looks like most off the bigger ones and all the action came closer to Norfolk side of the er. But still under 14 inches .. I asked about water temps still seem high. Cove area was 65-68 from one boater another one told me 67-69. So not to far off . deeper waters was a little less ...imo still have s month before it turns on .

Was told by a few inshore casters and another boat Buddy that there was boaters keeping undersized stripers In live wells today . very sad to hear that. Just let me see you do that ,I'm sure we will have a good conservation.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was hoping for some trout but they were all scrappy little stripers...still fun though. No pups or specks from the Elizabeth River so far this year for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts