Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any fishing reports around the bridge and the yatch club? And any boat ramps close by since they closed the yatch club down?

·
Registered
929 Posts
No trout yet In the Elizabeth River in my back yard trust me. Try Lynnhaven or ocean view area. They haven't migrated down into the er yet

·
Registered
929 Posts
Your two boat ramps that are public will be the Jordan bridge and the Great Bridge locks really far for kayakers.there is a storage unit across from top rack that has a boat ramp but you have to have a storage unit there to use it.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I didn't know they close the yacht club. now if you were calling and not getting an answer that's usual or a busy Signal. Most the time you just have to drive up there to get an answer from anyone

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Have heard a couple trout were caught in the western branch of the Elizabeth River. Personally I have not seen or caught them there this year but they should be there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called and talked with the lady yesterday at the yatch club no boats allowed to launch there she said everything was posted and referred me to the aaaa storage place but I never got up with anyone there but ipnurwater said that's not open to public thanks for update on trout it's a 2 hour ride one way for me but my wife loves to fish there and been after me to take her but she won't be happy with no fish she is a catcher not a fisherman lol

·
Registered
929 Posts
I called and talked with the lady yesterday at the yatch club no boats allowed to launch there she said everything was posted and referred me to the aaaa storage place but I never got up with anyone there but ipnurwater said that's not open to public thanks for update on trout it's a 2 hour ride one way for me but my wife loves to fish there and been after me to take her but she won't be happy with no fish she is a catcher not a fisherman lol
Can only use the ramp there if you have a unit or a service they offer .

·
Registered
8 Posts
I fished the ER hard 2 weeks ago in my normal go to spots, all the way from the Great Bridge Locks ramp all the way to the old power plant.

Results=zero trout.

3 pint sized stripers for my efforts. I don't know where the fish are, but it's nothing like years past.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is bad news I've enjoyed fishing there a few times a year in November for last few years

·
Registered
23 Posts
Paddled from close to locks park all the way to the gilmerton bridge last night. Only had 2 stripers one was a keeper but net got tangled up in treble hooks and lost him and a small 10 in one to. On trout to be seen.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Paddled from close to locks park all the way to the gilmerton bridge last night. Only had 2 stripers one was a keeper but net got tangled up in treble hooks and lost him and a small 10 in one to. On trout to be seen.
That was a nice long paddle . I take that ride on my 9.9 all the time. Hit me up the next time you decide to launch at night always looking for someone to go out with.since I work all day long..

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
The self storage facilty has small locker sized units that are fairly cheap to rent and even renting the small ones will allow you to use the ramp.

They used to let you do that, it's been a couple of years since I last did it.

·
Registered
929 Posts
The self storage facilty has small locker sized units that are fairly cheap to rent and even renting the small ones will allow you to use the ramp.

They used to let you do that, it's been a couple of years since I last did it.
Yeah normally me and a couple boat buddy's do this with our summer play boats and spilt the cost . that way we can leave the skis,wake board ,tubes there and all the boat water toys there and not drag home. Suxs blowing up those four man tubes every time.from the gas money I save from not launching at the locks pays for the locker cost itself..we normally end up at the cove .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts