Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried Eels for Stripers at Kent Narrows or the Tank;any other spots?Do Eels work at bay area shore fishing spots like they do at IRI?Any advice is appreciated.:cool:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Check out my Kent Narrows thread. I have also tried them at Choptank with no results. Doesn't mean they don't work, but they just haven't for me.

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
For some reason I've never had luck with them in the bay. The Atlantic seems to be the only place they do any good, at least in my experience.

I really prefer to stick with lures in the bay. Less hassle, and more people can fish the same spot.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
In all my years fishing I've never caught a striper in the bay off of an eel. As a matter of fact I've never seen an eel in a rock's stomach when cleaning one. I've had eel bitten in 1/2 by blues and I've caught rock on them last summer at OC in the inlet. In the spring you can net tons of the small eels (elvers) in Deer Creek and they're deadly on LM bass but I'm starting to think that they're not part of the rock's diet in the bay. Just my observation.

Catman.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts