Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you P&S'ers are buying on EBay? Any problems?

Iwas on there looking around, since talking to SandCrab on Sat., and there seems be a lot of tackle available to bid on.

And there that Har-Lee Rods on Ebay, he got tons of stuff; anybody deal with him?

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Harlee rods are OK by me...

Got my one and only purchase from them - the Tica 9' rod I used at PLO.

Look around and get all the details before bidding. I made sure I had all the info on the rod (cork grip, foam, line test, model number, etc.) BEFORE I went online. Wait until the last day of the bidding if you can and then put in your bid within the last 10 seconds.

The rod I got listed for over $100 but got it for $40. ;)

·
Registered
720 Posts
I've purchased a few things on ebay including a few rods. You just have to read the person's feedback and see what items they've dealt with before. Normally you have resellers on ebay with hundreds of feedback and they're legit but there's always that "too good to be true" deal and those can be scams. Just try to use your best judgement but it's also a good idea to email them questions. Make sure you use paypal for payment just in case something goes wrong, you have a slightly better chance of recovering your money. If you send a money order, check or western union wire, you're pretty much out of luck if you're being scammed.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
ebay user!

I bought one reel last week.. no hassle... it was a smooth process.. my brother is an ebay user for years.. and i haven't heard he said anything about it.. .. just like wrongway said,, use your best judgement.. and paypal is the way to go..

crawfish

·
Registered
42 Posts
as long as its under $175.00 ebay covers you if you get scammed. And like the others said, be knowledgeable on what your bidding on. Some people seem to have never herd of cabela's or bass pro and pay more than you would on there.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
ebay have some nice stuff

I bought a new used penn 525 mag... sweet reel For $100 off e-bay.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I'm trying to find a deal for power pro right now on e-bay. What do you think of 50lb 1500 yards for $93?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Anthony said:
I'm trying to find a deal for power pro right now on e-bay. What do you think of 50lb 1500 yards for $93?
Well considering ebay auctions charges way too much for shipping, buy it from here: http://www.jamestackle.com/powerpro.htm
Price is just $2 more than what you found and shipping shouldn't be a rip off. I purchased a rod from this guy and it cost less than $15 to ship a 12footer.

Any one know a good place to buy a 10' and 12' Okuma Solaris rod?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I should have made it clearer. It's 86 dollars with the buy it now feature and 7 dollars for shipping.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I saw that auction. I would prefer hi-vis yellow and would pay a little more for it but if you like moss green, I say go for it and save a few bucks.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Ande Rod from Har-Lee on EBay

That Ande 6" footer seems like a good deal. I love my 7"..has been the luck rod..sturdy butt..cork handle...two piece..fast tip! Good croaker and flounder rod!:)

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the replies.

Will have to start looking at Ebay more often.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts