Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought that it might be a good idea for everyone to share their eBay usernames so that we don't bid against each other, unless it's one of those got to have items.

So here's mine LUCKYEIGHTS.

P

·
0 Posts
Courtesy amongst fellow anglers? No problem. But only to a point. I can't think of the last time I saw an angler step aside to make room for another angler when they had got a prime fishing spot. Now I refer to piers cause competition there seems stiff.

Saying that to say this...There is a limit to that courtesty thing.

And taking a back seat at a chance to get a "steal of a deal" on an auction site definitely falls outside of those limits. :p

First come first served and the early bird gets the worm may be the norm on piers...but not hardly on auction sites. It's more a thing of may the better bidder take the prize.

Take the situation with Husky MD for instance. Now there's a fella who knows how to stretch a buck. I don't recall him mentioning anything about his purchase til the biddin was over. Oh, he did say only 6 minutes were left when he first saw the Tica. ;) :D

BTW: Any prospects on eBay? Share one...share all. And let the bidding begin! :p
```````````````````````````````````

P

·
0 Posts
I must have missed that earlier list of bidder's eBay names. Either way, I would not have bid against you Husky MD. It's about time you got some equipment that can handle more than spot and other bait size fish.

BTW: I forgot to add this to that last sentence... ;)

``````````````````````````

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not asking anyone to take a back seat to anyone else.

I just thought that if a P&S member runs up on an auction that they were interested in and another P&S member was already the high bidder that we could check the sellers current auctions to see if they have another auction for the same item before running the bid up on each other. This way both of them might be able to get the same item for a good deal.

Several of my fishin buds, including myself have a gentlemens agreement that if one is the high bidder, the others don't bid against him unless it's a must have item. If we are biding on an item that another might be interested in, we tell them if the seller has another one already on auction or we tell them what our top bid will be in the event that we are outbid and they are willing to go higher on it.

Just thought that the sharing of usernames might save everyone a $ or 2.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
uh, thanks.
I have an 11' and a 12', but nothing in between that and 7'. So the 9' is a good size for me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good thing I didn't bid on that one. I looked at it a couple times but ended up going with the lighter 9 footer (1-3 ounce). It went 2 minutes before your rod.
Kinda funny, I sometimes wonder if i'm bidding against some of you guys. Well can't wait to get it and try out these TICA's everybody's talking about.
Tight lines

1 - 7 of 7 Posts