Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the bridge early this morning with my son. Caught a bunch of mullet, pinfish, and menhaden in the cast net. Finally landed a 19" ladyfish, two undersized trout, and a few "almosts." My son was throwing his cast net at a school of mullet and caught a 12" pompano in his net too! We quit at 8:45 when it got too quiet.

I took both kids and the spouse back this evening to do a little family fishing, but we were outsmarted by a bunch of dolphins.
I threw the cast net in and I could feel a bunch of bait bumping it in the water. I eagerly pulled the net in, but I felt some resistance on the way up. When I got the net to the surface there was a dolphin biting a pinfish in the net and pulling against me!
:jawdrop: He let go, but hung around to check out every throw.

That was amusing, but it got annoying when the dolphins started stealing our pinfish off our rods. They almost spooled us a couple of times. At least they were good at stealing just the bait and not messing up the tackle. You couldn't throw your line in for more than 10 seconds before they'd hit you. We finally dumped out the rest of the bait and headed home. The last time I looked over my shoulder, the dolphins were still cruising back and forth, waiting for the next sucker to throw them a free meal.

I hope they're not there in the morning or I'll be hunting for a new fishin' hole.:mad:

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Hey Mullet Wrangler

Thanks for the Eau Gallie bridge report. I'm gonna have to check out the action there soon. Sounds like you all enjoyed yourselves. Better then going to Discovery Cove and paying to swim with the dolphins.:p

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're welcome. My brother-in-law hit Sebastian this morning. He said there were plenty of 3-5 lb ladies and blues. Might have to make a run tomorrow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts