1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Look at these documents, this may help

For Ches. Bay tributaries:
http://www.chesapeakebay.net/pubs/subcommittee/nsc/doc-fishadvisoryMD%20.pdf
http://www.chesapeakebay.net/pubs/subcommittee/nsc/doc-fishadvisoryVA%20.pdf

THese advisories cannot all be taken at faces value. THey have sampled only a small number of fish in the tributaries which may or may not be the same fish that are caught in the bay. THis same fish can also be the fish you eat when you are at a fancy restaurant or the fish you buy in the store. You decide, everything is bad for us. Everything in moderation.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
M Mole- I'm still here and kicken,haven't had any problem from the Tank been fishing it for three or more years. :D :D

·
Registered
597 Posts
Just another little note, whenever you are eating fish you should always cut off and discard the fatty tissue, specifically around the stomach and never eat the fatty parts of any shellfish. Specifically the greenish/yellow stuff in crabs. THe fat is where the toxics and heavy metals collect in fish and in humans. Just FYI

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Right now it's croaker served with a little of blood worm,white perch and a dash of Spot.Rockfish is out of season on the river,I think until June 15th(spawing)sp.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks I will stay away from the fat. TRIGGERFISH: That meal you’re cooking up sure sound tasty. :cool: I can smell the prey now. WOW! Who's up for some chow??? Anyone? :p

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
According to the above fish advisory survey the Choptank is one of the cleanest rivers that empties into the bay. I have no problem eating anthing caught there. As far as not eating the yellow stuff in crabs I guess I'm going to die. The mustard is the best part!

Trigger...Want to get together and fish the Tank next weekend? This weekend is out because I'm doing the SPSP clean-up project. I was considering fishing the Tank Saturday after the clean-up but since I'm getting there at 4:00AM I'd be too tired to enjoy it.

Catman.

·
Registered
59 Posts
There's basically no large industry anywhere on the Choptank; it is about the cleanest river in the Chesapeake.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
actually, the ranger said the cleanup would be canceled in the event of rain. It is supposed to rain tomorrow morning. So maybe you could still go fish the choptank.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
catman I can't do the Tank this weekend and next weekend, that's Memorial Day weekend I'v got a four day weekend and my sons graduation is that Tuesday(27th)maybe I can sneek out one of those days and you and I can load up our coolers full of croakers. Two friends of mine went Tuesday and caught 21 of them 15-17" on bloodworm. OK!!!!! :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
Trigger...For the next couple of months I can only fish on the weekends. We're prepping at work for our annual 2004 state certification/survey. For the last 4 yrs we've had ZERO violations and the powers to be want to make it 5 yrs. It's an unique badge of honor that we wear.

Catman.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey Folks,
I just gotta say this-----an advisery is just that, its an advisery. Not a prediction. But an advisery does mean that some attention is required. No, you may not die this week, this year, or this decade from the tainted part(s) of the species affected. Fact of the matter is your immune system goes into decline with age, why fuel the possibilities. Get ahold of a good search engine, don't take my word for it, and find the origin and location(s) of a critter called P.C.B. and get to know this neighbor of ours that resides in the bay's bottom.

Soapfish

1 - 15 of 15 Posts