Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Tuckahoe at Hillsboro 2/15, high tide, no fish. 10 others there with no fish. One guy said the fish were there last weekend. Came back later on the outgoing, still no fish.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I fished the Gunpowder the last to weekends and did well. I was Crappie fishing and those yellows just got in the way. Caught a lot of nice Crappie but the yellows were small (7 to 10 inches ) The run has not happened yet .

·
Registered
65 Posts
I stopped at Hillsboro and Martinak last Saturday and caught 5 or 6 at both locations,all small males.Word has it that fish have been caught at both locations for at least two weeks.As it happens during most years,the runs are small and spread out,and it has alot to do with luck and being at any given place at the right time!On a positive note,very few females caught yet so they are do.It is all about putting in the time.Friday is forecasting 52 and rainy,but I may try to get out.If anyone plans on coming accross the bridge shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm fishing the Gunpowder this weekend by boat. The yellow perch should be happening very very soon. Will be covering a lot of water. Hopefully the run will be on. If not i know were i can get some nice crappie:D

Mike

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I'm fishing the Gunpowder this weekend by boat. The yellow perch should be happening very very soon. Will be covering a lot of water. Hopefully the run will be on. If not i know were i can get some nice crappie:D

Mike
Hey, where do you put in to fish there? I see a nice point ... Maxwell Pt Rd ... is that a place for public fishing, cuz it sure looks like a decent location.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The little gunpowder cuts into the big gunpowder in a few places there. The fish are schooled up just outside of them.I am thinking that the way the yellow perch were full of eggs and the male would squirt on you when you removed the hook they will run up in the river this week to spawn. Then in two days most will be gone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.