Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished cherrystone campground on friday night from about 5-12. caught many horse croaker between 2 and 3 lbs. also reeled in an eel measuring 21 inches. caught 1 baby cownose. trout were biting but i was unequipped. also, there were many small gar around the pier lights. saw one that had to of been over 5 feet in length. another angler referred to it as a houndfish. is this just another term for gar or is it a seperate fish? :confused:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
good report stinger im headin down that way 2 wks do lil campn to did ya happn to notice any boat ramps?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Where is Cherrystone campground? Never been there but it sounds interesting being on the Eastern Shore and all.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
yeah theres a nice campground down there swimming pools hot showers elec hook up and i believe theres a boat ramp there also just aint sure but im gon to take th boat anyway :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cherrystone campground is about 15 mins after the end of the cbbt. it's on that same road. there is a large red sign with CHERRYSTONE on it to the left. you will make a left hand turn at the sign. they do have a boat ramp and it's a nice, clean campground. i will be working there over the summer so i'll try to keep everyone informed as to the fishing reports up there. if any of you find your way there between june 15 and labor day, look me up at the on-site cafe. i'll be the kid workin the tables.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts