Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IS SEE THAT THE WINDS ARE TURNING EAST ON WEATHER.COM FOR MONDAY AND TUESDAY. WHAT IS THE FORECAST FOR THE COAST AND WILL THAT BRING SOME STRIPERS CLOSE TO CASTING DISTANCE?

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Forecast for Sandbridge

THIS AFTERNOON
N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 5 TO 6 FT...SUBSIDING
TO 4 TO 5 FT.

TONIGHT
W WINDS 10 TO 15 KT...BECOMING SW 15 TO 20 KT AFTER
MIDNIGHT. SEAS 3 TO 4 FT. A CHANCE OF FLURRIES.

SAT
W WINDS 20 KT...BECOMING NW 15 TO 20 KT IN THE AFTERNOON.
SEAS 4 TO 5 FT. A CHANCE OF FLURRIES IN THE MORNING.

SAT NIGHT
N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 5 TO 6 FT.

SUN
E WINDS 15 KT...BECOMING SE IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 3 TO 4 FT.
A CHANCE OF RAIN...SNOW AND SLEET...THEN RAIN LIKELY IN THE
AFTERNOON.

SUN NIGHT
SW WINDS 15 TO 20 KT...BECOMING W 5 TO 10 KT AFTER
MIDNIGHT. SEAS 3 FT. A CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE EVENING.

MON
W WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...INCREASING TO 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 3 FT.

TUE
NW WINDS 15 TO 20 KT. SEAS 3 TO 4 FT.

I could be wrong but I think we would need a coulpe days of an E wind to bring em in.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Cdog.....would ya just settle for a little snow??:rolleyes: ....the R

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
It will probably change a couple of times between now and then. It was supposed to be east . But it is Monday Night but I have to work. I would try Monday night with some big Wooden Plugs worked sloooowww. They will be there.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
You want snow, take mine. Just starting up here, and no idea how much they are calling for.

As to winds, up here at Assateque, we welcome east and nor'east winds but they have to come with decent water temps. If temps are right, yest the easterly direction of the winds seems to bring the guys and gals we are after closer to shore (some say its the bait fish, some say it's pushing the warmer weather from the gulf stream closer, and heck I really couldn't tell ya where the gulf stream sits up this way). But I do know and I don't care what the weather is or water temps are, never had much if any luck with a west direction wind, and caught my first striper right before Thanksgiving a few years back and a few since in mid thirty degree temps, nor'easter, with rain and sleet spitting at us, so I may just be biased, or lucky and stupid.

Have Jeep will travel. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts