Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brother and I decided what the heck. should be there in about two hours, fishing until about 10pm. Will post results later tonight or early tomorrow. Here fishy fishy fishy!

Have Jeep will travel. :D

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Yeah good luck man!

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It's official, bad "c"dog, no biscket (? still think spell check would be nice). Oh well, 'bout, okay, the only thing I got was cold. But, then in a moment of enlightenment I realized, it wasn't bad (chilly, windy, not even the AI flounders (skate) were out), but I was home away from home, and my second home was a tad chillier than where myself and my wife and kids play house. Gotta say though, at first I thought what the h377 am I doing out here? But around 8 winds subsided (just in time for me to go), fish were still not biting, and still I gots me a smile on my face, a bad day at AI is ........ well heaven, and my wife (God bless her) knows it. Though for some reason, I get this urge this time of year and she only says "Bob, your crazy".

Brother is out there until tomorrow, so if anything happens I'll let you know.

Off midnight tomorrow, and off Sunday, so, next report from my beachfront home, Sunday night.

Good luck to all at the PLO cleanup, (Hat, save me a sip, starting to feel a bit sad), I'll hit that spot before the year end if you are up for it.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
But we keep trying, thats what its all about cuz when it happens its O so sweet. Keep on keeping on my brother. :)

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Shaggy, I once said of Jason and Anthony "you guys aren't fisherman, you're WARRIORS ." Well you're not a fisherman, you're a VIKING ready to tackle the battlefield no matter how harsh the circumstances. I truely admire your dedication and persistance. Just like a true Viking you face the environment head on, sort things out and deal with it. I know exactly how you feel about AI. I felt the same way about Conowingo Dam until they closed it after 9/11. Tight lines VIKING , you're persistance will be rewarded.

Catman.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Catman, the truth is no matter the weatherwind, rain, sleet or snow (been out in it all), and yes sometimes you feel downright miserable (fortunately been out there in some terrific weather too), I have to say I always feel good when I get back home. The place just does something for my soul, and does even more for me psychologically. Maybe it's just the "fresh" air. :)

Good luck PLO'ers

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, round two to begin in about an hour. Jeep is loaded, and just cutting up some FRESH (yes I said fresh) bunker. Brother stopped by work on his way back home at about 5pm today (smellin' like bunker), but in his cooler were a 29" and change and about a 32". Coming out of AI, stumbled on a bait shop where the bunker was just being unloaded, so being the Bud that he is, he picked me up some (anybody need any frozen bunker?). Maybe today? Well, time will be the tales end.

I know all had a good time :)( ) at PLO, can't wait for the reports to begin.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Weather though overcast, and some rain was much better than Friday. There is good news, bad news, good news and personal news. The good news is I got a striper, the bad news is it was only 26". Excluding the red drum and ling cod, think I got the AI gammit, shark, skate, small striper and my personal news, my biggest blue from the surf, a schweeeetie of 31" beating my previous of 26".

Dang I am smiling from ear to ear. :p

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Great report Shaggy. You have been the only one putting up good reports lately. Congrats on your blue. Hopefully they will be coming in thicker soon. You're gonna have to show me some of your secret holes :D.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I can't think of too many that would even be stupid enough to fish in some of the "crap" the "Big Guy" has sent, but I guess I made lemonade.

When things get bad, the bad go fishing.

When all else fails, fish

·
Registered
725 Posts
Congratulations on your 31" Blue! You sure earned it. It sounded like you had to throw back the 26" Rock. Do they have to be 28" or greater at Assateague Island?

I tried to look this up on the MD DNR Fisheries website but AOL encountered an error kept shutting me down. This has been happening to me once in a while lately. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
26"er back to the ocesn. AI minimum size striper is indeed 28", but at least yesterday, I wasn't just fishing, I was actually playing the "catcherman".

Will either be leaving after work on Thursday evening, or early Friday morning, depending on weather and Bro,:cool: , so next report from the Island should come late Friday, early Saturday. Love this time of year!

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Nice fish...

Shaggy,

Nice blue! Now go get that cow bass... I told everyone that if anyone should win Angler of the Month it would be you! Keep chuggin' - I know you will hook up with a striper that will knock our socks off before this thing ends!

Does the Jeep smell like bunker yet? :eek:

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Anthony ,

I guess I could show you some "secret" holes, but then I would have to kill you, so they would stay secret.:)

Sandcrab ,

not too bad of a smell, thanks to the cooler weather, but I am waiting for my wife to make me undress outside, 'cause I have to admit, when I get home I wreak of a smell that is not too bad as far as I am concerned, but she can't stand it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts