Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went kayaking/fishing the BB pilings this morning. Launched on Kent Island and worked my way west. Lots of wind and current with chop - 3 foot swells and the occasional 4 footer to keep things exciting. Had a lot of fun in the rough water - almost impossible to fish.

Stopped by Romancoke and Metapeake piers on the way home around 10:30 am. Both piers looked really slow - saw a couple of micro spots caught and 2 decent crabs. Talked to a couple of people who had been there since early this morning and they said nothing was happening.

Also drove by the Narrows - once again not much happening.

Historically, when does the action pick up at these locations? Seems like I have read a lot about the spring runs at the piers and some late fall action at the Narrows. Anyone out there have an idea when the action starts?

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
skeeter last year there was action during the summer months with blues and trout, but this year virtually non existent. The mid to latter part of september should start the fall run up. I am hoping the trout will come through and the striper run will be good. Like I said "hoping":rolleyes:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts