Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Black Sea Bass season opened yesterday. My question is, do you need a charter to get to the keepers?? If so, any recommendations?? My fishing season was mainly donating bait, to crabs and fish. I'd like to fill my cooler for once, lol. While I'm out, what other types of fish are cooler friendly... Thx guys

·
Registered
276 Posts
Agree with IPNURWATER. You won't catch a keeper BSB from shore. Check out Mike Avery http://seaduction.averys.net/. He does walk-on sometimes.

Good to see you're still at it Parky. Right now from shore, the trout bite is decent and the stripers are now coming in. Throw a gulp 4" swimming mullet around bridges preferrably at night around the lights.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Agree with IPNURWATER. You won't catch a keeper BSB from shore. Check out Mike Avery http://seaduction.averys.net/. He does walk-on sometimes.

Good to see you're still at it Parky. Right now from shore, the trout bite is decent and the stripers are now coming in. Throw a gulp 4" swimming mullet around bridges preferrably at night around the lights.
Yes sir!!!!! Not sure how much I got left in me my friend... Parkinson's and other ailments are wearing me down. I'm interested in the charters, would be awesome

·
Registered
322 Posts
hi there- now is a good time to go on The Rudee angler head boat. it's 90.00 for full day per man and they usually do real well on big seabass and triggerfish etc. check them out on the web
For anyone who has never eaten triggerfish you are missing out on one of the best tasting fish in the ocean. Their skin is very tough, so when filleting I use a serrated knife to make the initial cut from head to tail and then finish up with a regular fillet knife. Firm white meat, great table fare and holds up well in the freezer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I second that. They make some excellent fish tacos. As far as the fishing goes a friend of mine went out with a small group and they all reached their limit on sea bass big fat ones at that. So if you can get out there do it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.