Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming down the week of Thanksgiving and wanted to know if there is a good place to park to fish the norht side of the research pier. Figure some drum/trout might be holding in that area.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

·
Registered
541 Posts
IF I remember correctly (Big If), you can drive pretty much all the way down to the pier in the off season. I know I've driven down the beach until I could see it, but I'm really not sure when they open it up to beach driving. There are several beach access points all along 12, but most of them are not marked.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'll be fishing about a mile north of the pier that week. Unfortunately there is no public beach access north of Duck until you get to Corolla. You can drive down the beach now, but it's a long drive from the Corolla access to the pier.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Duck at Thanksgiving

Prototype,

Are there places to park and walk over north of the pier? I too am staying about a mile North of Duck but we are not located on the ocean front.

Thanks

MRay

·
Registered
9 Posts
Prototype,

Are there places to park and walk over north of the pier? I too am staying about a mile North of Duck but we are not located on the ocean front.

Thanks

MRay
Hi MRay,

If you are renting a house then there will be a place where you can access the beach. The private neighborhoods don't like people parking at their beach access but you can always walk. I don't know of any place to park except at someone's house though.

If you get there and don't have access shoot me a private email and I'll let you park at my house. You shouldn't have a problem though, it is the beach after all, and is pretty laid back.

If you see someone fishing out of a red off-road (LOL) golf cart then say hello, that'll be me :)

Enjoy!

·
Registered
182 Posts
You can get on the beach just north of Pine Island at the first Currituck public park you come to. You can go south all the way to the Duck Pier or north all the way to the State line. When you go north you will come to gate and fence just past the Currituck Lighthouse. It's OK to open the gate and drive through so long as you make sure and close it back. It keeps the horses up on the northern beaches. It's been like this for years and has not been abused.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts