Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should have taken video but I forgot I had my camera with me.
He learned to throw conventionals today with no break-offs (or birdnests) at all.
We threw for about an hour or two and he was hitting about three hundred feet, maybe more (we estimated) with one of my 25 mags, then he hit his jigmaster about the same distance at the end.
Thats not to say he won't ever blow a reel up but I think he may have a lot more chances as I think he is hooked on the conventionals now.

Good Job Scott.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Its all about the teacher

Thanks alot Ryan, it was all the good instruction for sure, and yeah ur right i am hooked on conventional now. cant wait for uncle sam to pay me back, I will have to do a little shopping before march. gimme a shout if you ever head back out there and need some company, good times!

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Welcome to the dark side. :D Way to go Ryan and Scott! ;)

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
He learned to throw conventionals today with no break-offs (or birdnests) at all.
We threw for about an hour or two and he was hitting about three hundred feet, maybe more (we estimated) with one of my 25 mags, then he hit his jigmaster about the same distance at the end.
Thats not to say he won't ever blow a reel up but I think he may have a lot more chances as I think he is hooked on the conventionals now.

Good Job Scott.
If he's throwin a jigmaster 300ft or 100yrds,he's doing most excellent..

Good job fellers...

·
DISTANCE CASTING SPONSOR
3,349 Posts

Good Job Scott.
Feels good huh Ryan... :)

Good work.

Tommy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.