Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
never fished this species trying next week to drift for them . whats th bait to catch these tasty one on live or artificial??? :rolleyes: need li info

·
Registered
8 Posts
buy a fluke or flounder rig and tip it with squid and or minnow and just drift in any channel till u catch em can catch on artificials (bucktails, leadheads, etc etc) but i wouldnt try unless ure slaying em, outta bait or just plain bored.

oh yea dont forget cocktail sauce

·
Registered
824 Posts
Right now live 3 to 4 inch spot are out producing everything. So far as I know the only place to get them is Long Bay Point Tackle shop

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
You can catch small spots,for bait by using small peices of blood worm on small hooks by dropping it straight down @ any pier or boat dock.

I usually use 10-15 test and make 3 dropper loops and tie a 1 oz weight to the end.

Any lite action pole works best.

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Now you're talking my favorite summer fish :D

Get you a couple of funnel minnow traps. Put about 50 feet of cord/small rope on each. Crab makes the best bait, just stomp it a bit, put in trap, and throw out in or near the grass line on each side of the ramp. You don't want it in deep water, sometimes my traps are'nt even covered all the way. You'll be catching "killies/mudminnows" in the 3 inch range, "prime" flounder bait.

When you get to the ramp, do this first, then work on getting launched. By the time you finish, more often than not, you'll have all the bait you need. Keep in a 5 gal bucket, changing water as needed. I always put out a crab trap on my way out, so as to always have bait for the minnow traps next trip.

I sent you a PM a couple of days ago, if you haven't checked it, I gave you a few good locations in it for Flounder ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts