Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manayunk Jake, brought it up on th suggestions thread but I think its something to post a new thread about.Its quick it's easy an it helps to keep a great board going. I just did it an it took 7 min an maybe two cases worth of beer money. I counted it an there were 39 "listed" donations last year out of 1593 members. Thats pretty [email protected] sad if ya ask me. Come on guys an gals show your support for what SandFlea has done for all of us.
:)

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
That's a little more than 2% from everyone. In black and white - that's 2 people for every 100 P&S fisherpersons who donate to the site. Really pathetic considering all the good stuff to come from the site - fishing reports, fishing tips, word-of-mouth on "what's hot and what's not". Just the "How To" section should be worth your time and a donation. ;)

Seven states and only 39 people who donate -THAT'S ALMOST 6 PEOPLE PER STATE. :(

Flea - Expect my check very soon along with the articles I promised you for Delaware. It's the least I can do for a year of fishing pleasure...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Greetings Cdog,
Thanks for starting this post. I've been meaning to say something about this for awhile. This being the begining of the year would make for a good starting place for our support to Sand Flea for all the time and expense he continues to incure.
Mine's already sent!
Alright gang --- there has been a ton of suggestions put forth for Flea to get lost in --- how about some folding money for his efforts?!? We certainly don't hesitate to partake from his efforts---lets give em a hand.

Soapfish

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Always wondered what kept this thing going, now I know and will send $$ as soon as I can figure it out. Had a subscription to Saltwater Sportsman for years-just like Dad but had to let it go when they stopped including us beach-bound fisher-folks, this IMHO is a lot better way to support the type of fishing that I enjoy. The TF guys have that subscriber thing on their site to sort of tweak everyones conscience-maybe a good idea for this one!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Cdog,
thanks for being the group conscience.

Sand Flea,
I am ready to give but I don't see Amazon listed as a conduit. I'd rather use a credit card to give than check but I don't feel comfortable using PayPal. Is Amazon still an option?

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Hey Jack,

Pay Pal allows you to pay with a card and uses the same encryption technology as Amazon. I just dropped Amazon because they're a huge hassle to deal with.

·
Registered
291 Posts
hey sand flea how much would you consider a donation? Also i dont have a credit card yet so should i mail it to you or something?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just call me a little slow but I never noticed the donation logo in the corner....
I think I will help you with some fundraising efforts on the del-mar board..
Be sure to look for my post.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts