Pier and Surf Forum banner

Donate Rod for LEADDRAFT

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  shaggy 
#1 ·
As some of you may have seen in the North Carolina forum, LEADDRAFT had his rod and reel stolen. Since he's handicapped and on a fixed income, surely there's someone out there who could donate a rod for him to use to go catch some spots.

#8 ·
I want to thank everyones concern...

I've not been able to check post's the past couple days....But I wish to stress that I didn't make that post expecting a response like that...! I dunno what to say as In my heart and my pride is getting real hard to swallow at this moment.... Yes as I stated I'm disabled and on a fixed income 691.00 a month.... after rent (500) electric, gas and whatnot ya can see there isn't NO?? cash left after I pay the bills here where I reside W/ my (caregiver?).. But anyway... I'm attching a picture of myself, before I became to the point where I almost can't walk most days,,, And also being a one-armed person.... I mostly fish from the surf and not on the piers very much,,, those pier passes I just cannot see paying for, much less afford, So's the surf is my thing,, plus the "pretty" sights along the beach(guys I may be disabled but not dead yet),,, Just gotta love a pretty girl coming up to you asking what ya caught then ask how I lost my arm,, which I then ramble into the story of the "great shark attack" LOL,,, But I wish to stress once again thats not the response I was asking or looking for,, And I'm about in tears all over this keyboard......I'm at a loss of words for the moment,, I sent topsailbum my real address.....
Sincerly, Dave I'm having troulble inserting a image...

#9 ·
Hey Dave, I don't think anyone on this board thought you were asking for a handout. That's why P&S is my top board. It's like a family here and we look out for each other. Good luck and look foward to getting some fishing reports from you soon. :)

#10 ·
Hang in there Drafty

The folks around here will set things straight. After it's over if you are still missing something let me know, I am sure I got an extra one. This is all about fishermen helping a fisherman, it's all good.

#11 ·
Well Leaddraft, guess it really isn't a "sad day". Didn't know your fishing family was so large. Now, if I may, I would have figured by your description that you were a pier guy, but surf, BRAVO!!!!

Gotta ask though, how do you cast a surf rod, or do ya have fishing buddies? Where do you fish, been looking for new beach, love AI, done Delaware, and NC is just south of VA. Like to get together and hear you tell that shark attack story and impress the women, maybe............
naaah, I'm married with children, but still love the beach thing.

#12 ·
Leaddraft
As you can see this is a great bunch of guys and gals. dI have several tackle boxes full of fresh and salt water..Let me know what you need. Send me an address and if Ihave it I will send it.

#14 ·
About were I fish....

Yes I've been a pier guy for many years I used to fish on the old Center Pier here in Carolina Beach almost every day before it got turned into that god for sakin restruant, It's a great place to fish still (from a public access) off the beach I meant...Around the old pier... Sometimes Ft. Fisher If I can get a ride that way once a awhile.... Or after Oyster season starts I like to venture over to Shell Island resort,, and catch those huge Virigina seamullet on sand fleas this time of the year.... Yes I do fish off the surf Alot... I still got one good arm and can cast just as far as most people and use a sand spike to hold the rod still while I reel the fish (or whatever had bit).. But the best thing happened a couple years back fishing for spots is hooking into OMG (a big drum) hauled butt down the beach with me limping down the beach, one armed guy holding on to this fish trying to slow it down...got it up to the surf trying to hold the rod, fight the waves, and catch this drum in the surf all at the same time, it was about 8 lbs....Now that was a site.. I bet..BTW I want to mention I can't wear a fake arm, so try to picture me reeling and fight this drum just one handed, (that was a real trick), then getting it in the surf, holding the rod trying not too drop it into the surf all the while trying to "grab" the fish........ And BTW I let it go to fight another day as it took everything outta me,,, it deserved it as I took a long hour break after that.....:D And the few people that gathered around gave me a appluase really.... What a day.....

#15 ·
So where can we meet fall or spring? Don't know though, you limping down the beach, might be a thrill for you, but could worry me. I seen crud limping on the beach, and it ain't pretty:p

I can get to the Myrtle area in about five hours, and if beach access via 4x's ain't too expensive, and if they are, heck I'll park and ride with ya.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.