Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it that there seems to not be as many domed Abu reels in US Distance events? I see them in the UK (youtube) but not to many over here.. Maybe it's just the people I know...

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have one already... I was just wondering is there was an advantage? After talking to some old school casters it seems like it's all about what HOT at the Moment.. Im surprised know one mention the P-Tech Reels... There getting good ratings.. Thanks Anyway tommy..

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm planning on using this one for 175g

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Guys... Now only if I can look half as good as the reel.. LOL With Earl Blake, Bob Sales, Charlie P helping me I'm sure I'll be ok... Although it's very humbling having three guys old enough to be my dad (im 31) kicking my butt on the field.. LOL

·
Registered
862 Posts
There is nothing wrong with the dome sided Abus but I prefer the flat sided. One of the great thing about the Abu's is that they work very well with not that high of tolerances. I feel that the flat sided dual knob gives finer adjustment without having to rework the internals of the reel. For fishing reels I would say both could be tuned to operate about equal. I have a few Ultramag II and Ultramag III reels that I would never get rid of and they only have one knob to adjust the spool, except for my Ultramag III with the Benfield conversion. I love the ultramags but to get them field ready takes some tweaking of the internal workings, not hard to do just a little trial and error.

John

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like the way those.. UMII -III look.. I might have to add one to my shelf as a B-day gift to myself..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.