Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last January there was a Dogfish Tournament held one cold windy rainy Saturday at Johnny Mercer's Pier. Anybody heard if the survivors are planning another one? :confused:

:fishing:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Don't know if I would be interested, likely not, but caught at least a dozen today off Little Island Pier, Sou. VA Beach while wastin eels for Rock. They were attackin them a little behind the head, as if to disable them and then tryin to swallow them head first. At least it seemed like that as I looked at the damage, but had more hook ups than misses and the eels were hooked in the lips and through the eye.

Every one was cut up an inch or so behind the head after the first bite. I did not realize what kind of cuttin teeth the Spiney Dogs have until today. They were butchering my $1.75 a piece eels.

·
Registered
75 Posts
After the weather last year I can't imagine anyone would ever want to have another Dogfish Tournament !!! But I'm willing to meet anybody , anytime, at the end of the Kure Beach pier for a little one-on-one Dogfish competition.....maybe with a little bet on the side......in the words of George Bush.." Bring it on !!! "

Let me know if there are any takers !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just spoke to them today and the date is set for the 24th of January. He said they are working on a website and should have it going soon with all the info. I will let you know what I hear but it is on for sure.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Ooo Sorry guys. I have been talking to the main guy on the pier. He said they were looking for a sponsor and they couldn't find one as of last, but they must have found one:)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Bigfisherman .....we're ready for you guys.....we know you get a lot of practice catching the dogfish through the ice up there in Ohio.......and we do have HUGE RESPECT for how you guys toughed out last years weather.....but WE'RE READY......be afraid, be very afraid....the dogfish are calling, and they're calling my name......

·
Registered
746 Posts
Aw shucks guys, we're just getting a bad rap.

Mudd thinks we're crazy to drive 10 hours to fish for dogfish. Capt. I didn't realize you knew our secret of fishing for the doggies through the ice. Now I am afraid.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again and maybe even having a :beer: or 12 or so. We're planning on arriving the afternoon of the 22nd so if you're around look us up.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I can make it. I have another commitment for that day. Has the schedule changed so you'll be fishing at night? If so, maybe I can get by there late and say hello.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.