Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ... I am looking to buy an ABU 7500CT or 7500 Big GameCT reel..

I would love to buy from from a fellow caster who has broke it in and maybe done some upgrades.. "ceramica, smoothies etc"..

Please email me at [email protected] and let me know buddy..... I am sure that there are some fellow casters out there that have some hot rodded reels that they want to sell......

Please drop me a line....

and have a wonderful day!

Awesome John!:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
:)
can you imagine what a terror he would be if he lived in the states??he 'd need a tractor trailer to carry his gear :)
might even give TB a run for his money ..........

derf
tackle 'ho in training

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hee hee hee....

so does that mean your holding on to the good stuff and wont sell it ...... hee hee hee

·
Registered
262 Posts
535 knobbie !!!

AJ, Didn't you just buy a 535 knobby from TB? Maybe you did and you are just looking for another big reel.:) pelican man.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I did pick up that reel from TB and hopefully I should get that little cutey here soon....

It seems that I may not be able to make my yearly trip to montauk this fall so instead I may have to fish here in Turkey at the "Straits of Dardanel" (Galipolli) and its deep water heavy current bait fishing (Kinda like Hatteras on steriods).... but the fun and exciting part is that no one has ever "really" surf casted this shore "properly" yet with a 200 yard power cast and the right tackle and rigs and knowledge....

So I am dreaming up some cool possible senerios with big sharks that could take place (Hopefully! I would hate to get skunked! So the "big bait caster" section of my arsenal needs beefing up!

And I got the inside word from the "guys in the know" that the ABU7500CT is the mother caster on the beach followed by the Slosh 30...

So I am "everywhere at once" trying get a couple of good reels at a fair price....

So if any of you good folks out there have any goodies in the closet which you aint using you can sell them to sad old me and I'll send you pics of the critters I catch with em.... hee hee hee:)

Man it sure sucks living so far away from home....:(

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm still trying to figure out what a compound is?:mad:

·
Registered
576 Posts
AJ,

I fished alongside 'thelongranger' last year in Hatteras, I used my trusty 75CT an he used a Penn Mag980.

What a reel, CT type cage, slightly narrower with Mag control, not over fast on the retrieve and excellent drag. I've also seen a 970, slightly smaller.

Why did Penn ever stop making these reels ? Check ebay to see if you find one.

My 75CT is brilliant, the Penn is the next step up.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Led Want a 970??

Acquired 3 new ones complete with boxes, from a hardware store that was going out of business. May put them on ebay, but I am going to sell 2. Email if interested.
48x34 spottail this afternoon storm fishing , think we may have an early bite this year. Life is good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts