Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do You have an extra Breakaway, Zziplex , Conoflex, etc that you want to sell?

Hi there...

I recently was happy to purchase a ABU C3CT reel from pierandsurf member "Fishing fool2" right here on this swapmeet board and now I need a good rod to mount that baby on. :)

I will be throwing nothing over 8and bait ....

and probably will mostly use 5oz ..... please let me know if any one of you gentlemen would have an extra rod that you dont really use much any more that you would want to sell to a fellow caster...

The important thing for me would be that the rod be in 2pcs "equal lengths" for shipping purposes.. please let me know..

if you like you can email me directly at [email protected]
or pm me here...

thanks everyone..

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Well, is it a spinnning reel or conventional? That's important because the guides are different on spinning rods and conventional rods.

Have Jeep will travel. :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Conventional Rod

The ABU 7500C3CT is a conventional reel and I am seeking to match that up with a nice conventional rod.

I have a breakaway "123" conventional rod that I absolutely love but that one is back home in storage and I cant get to it... so its just easier for me to buy a used rod from a fellow caster and have it shipped here ( I am in cyprus)...

If anyone has a nice ros they would like to sell please let me know.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
you wanting a nice one

do you want a nice one?
I have a 12' conventional ugly I'd ship your way...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi HuskyMD... thanks very much for the offer!

I have one of those rods back home I am looking for long casting heaver like a breakaway, Purglass, outcast, zziplex, conoflex etc...

That 12 ft ugly is a true beast... its my go to rod with 6 and bait in the kelp beds... I have pulled up truck tires with that thing.. Its indestructable!

I hope I hook up into a old underwater money safe with that rod one day cause I will be able to lift it to the top and then slam in on the ground to open it.:D

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
that's what I figured

I figured with the reel you had you were searching for a nicer rod than an ugly. Just curious, do they sell any rods in Cypress or just bamboo or something?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No serious gear here

There is no serious gear here and no serious shore fisherman just guys with telescopic 16 to 20 foot (no reels) just bobber fishing for small fish while chumming with bread...

but I do belive that their may be serious fish here though...

there is structure and bait a plenty.... I may open up a new fishery here once I get the right gear in my hands...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey,

I have a 15' 2 piece ugly stick I am selling. It's only been use for one season, mainly because It won't fit in my car, man I need a truck. Anyway I'm selling this rod for $50.00. It's in great condition especially if you own a truck. If interested post a reply here and I will surely contact you. Fishing season isn't far away hopefully the fish aren't either.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got all the uglies back home

Thanks buddy.. I got all the ugly line back home.. I would love to purchace a cool "breakaway, zziplex, conoflex, Lamiglass eyc " rod for some serious 6 and bait an up...

thanks for thinking of..

there must me a fellow caster out there with a cool rod he does not use anymore.... sell to me I!ll make greatr use of it and send you pics of the critters I catch with it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts