Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that there is a free sign right now but do they charge during the summer, etc. Do they charge to park down there?

Thanks for the info.

Tom

·
Registered
68 Posts
They charge $3.00/person/day in the summer. No fee for parking, as of now

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I was just making sure for the RFAB public hearing tomorrow night when you will have the chance to speak in support of or against the first installment of a million dollar request to improve the pier.

Tom

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Tom the fee's are a dollar to park and 3 bucks to fish when they start collecting. I wish I could make the meeting. Well I may have been wrong. By the way the water appears to be even shallower now they added sand to the beach.
Here is a Quote from the Va Beach Page
The Little Island Fishing Pier is open 7 days a week. Operating Dates and Times are April 15th to October 31st from 5:30am to 11pm and November 1st to March 31st from 7:00am to 5:00pm. The pier is closed for maintenance from April 1st to the 14th.Spectators and those wishing to fish from the pier may purchase a 1 day ticket for $3.00. Children who are under 9 years of age and accompanied by an adult are permitted on the pier at no charge.
and for the park.
Little Island Park is a 144 acre beach park located next to the Atlantic Ocean, north of the Back Bay Wildlife Refuge. The park is open year round from 5:30 a.m. to 11:00 pm (April 15 - October 31) & 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (November - April 14). Lifeguards are on duty daily from 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. from Memorial Day to Labor Day. A $3.00 fee is charged per vehicle for all day parking Monday through Friday and $4.00 fee on Saturday, Sunday and holidays from Memorial Day to Labor Day. The park has a 775 foot beach north of the fishing pier for surfing and a 2,000 foot beach for swimming and fishing south of the pier. Lighted tennis courts, basketball courts, restrooms, picnic shelters and parking are available. Back Bay a brackish lake, provides excellent fishing and crabbing along the western border of this unique park.

For shelter reservations, please call (757) 473-5251.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts