Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here like to night fish...

After reading posts about crowded spots and the need for new ones, maybe we should start more night fishing. Fish seem to like it...

Nothing like being on the water at night with fish popping all around...and no one else fishing.

Only bad thing about it is the next morning when you have to go to work. Seems to be easier on the wife, though.

Dusk to Dawn...two magic hours and a whole lot good fishing in between. Especially if you catch a good tide in between.

Post tips, gear, lures, good spots, oppinions.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
I like the night fishing although usually I end up catching mostly sharks. However, both monster drum I caught last year were at night. One was at 5am, talk about a long night! :D

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Some of you fisher-folks out there are definately more social than I am and some even seem to like a crowd. Me, I like catching fish, and most times it's easier when you don't have to compete for room to cast. Don't get me wrong I love to be on the water with good friends and even a few newbees but not in the middle of a throng ( unless it's doing the "conga" @ cape pt.). So most of the time I see the sun rise over the fishing hole because that is the time most people are home in bed. Besides it's like you said, sunrise & sunset are usually the times that most fish turn-on & put on the feed bag. Some species do like the dark hours better, Stripers anywhere and BIG Red Drum on HI are two that come to mind. Something about starting the day fishing that really gets me going!!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive tried nite time a couple of times not to impressive to me caught a lotta sand sharks plus noseeum bug bites . but one good thing is it aint crowded and its REAL QUIETE

·
Registered
363 Posts
About half of my time on the planks are at night. Catching bait during the night then seeking the Brown Suit Man during the day..

·
Registered
171 Posts
onlt time I'll hit crowded pier is to secure spot to fish when night falls...I might even hit the pier during the storm but I usually stay the hell away from day time fishing on pier full of tourist and rookies.. :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'd like to do more night fishing, but work makes it hard to do a complete 180 with the sleeping schedhule on the weekends. Still, as I'm a morning person I try to be out there during that "magic" hour before sunrise when the fish, especially stripers, often go on a feeding frenzy. No crowds to deal with either at 5 am, and I still have the whole day left to pursure my other hobbies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts